Date Posted: 3/22/22
I’m so glad you’re interested in writing for us!
Our readers are extremely important to me. Therefore, I only accept guest articles under the criteria, terms, and conditions below. Please read them carefully.
If you meet the criteria and agree to the terms and conditions, awesome! Please submit your proposed guest article following Paragraph 4. Submission Requirements below. I’ll review it and respond within 3 to 5 working days. If your submission is accepted, I’ll provide you with next steps.
Please know that I don’t accept guest articles/blogs via direct email.
Thank you for understanding.
Sylva Melena, Founder & CEO
Melena Consulting Group
Criteria, Terms, and Conditions for Guest Articles
1. Track Record of Publishing. Guest contributors/bloggers must have a track record of publishing valuable, high-quality content. This includes content on their websites, other websites, books, magazines, etc.
2. Education, Experience, and/or Expertise in the Topic. Guest bloggers with education, experience, and/or expertise in the topic are preferred. However, other qualities will also be considered.
3. Content Criteria. The content must:
A. Directly relate to the subject matter of the website;
B. Align with my philosophy on the subject. Please read one or two of my articles to get a feel for my approach;
C. Be factual and original (not previously published on other websites);
D. Not be defamatory, infringing, obscene, or spammy;
E. Provide value to my readers and not sell products or services;
F. Be between 900 and 1,200 words in length;
G. Be well-written and edited;
H. Contain no links in the body of the content. However, Melena Consulting Group may add links to the body at its discretion;
I. Contain no links to third parties, unless you are citing in accordance with Paragraph 3.J. below;
J. If you are using other sources, please provide a copy of the appropriate signed permissions or the license to use the content. Please refer to the following blog post for an example of how to cite: https://leadershipstrength.com/2019/06/7-tips-to-crush-employee-burnout-and-power-up-results/. This blog also includes a sample a Creative Commons License; AND
K. Please provide a link to a high-resolution, 150 x 150 pixels headshot, a short bio (up to 25 words), and a link to your website. Please provide these via the Guest Article Submission Form as detailed Paragraph 4. Submission Requirements below. If your post is accepted, these will be placed at the end of your article to give you credit and let readers know where they can learn more about you.
4. Submission Requirements. Proposed articles must be submitted as follows: (1) Complete the Guest Article Submission Template below in its entirety. (2) Enter you name, your email, and your proposed article title into the Guest Article Submission Form (Form) below. (3) Paste a complete copy of your completed Guest Article Submission Template in the section provided on the Form. (4) Check off the “criteria, terms, and conditions” box to indicate your agreement. (5) Submit.
5. Intellectual Property Rights & Permissions Granted to Melena Consulting Group. You will retain intellectual property rights to the content you submit. However, by submitting your content, you authorize and grant permission to Melena Consulting Group to:
A. Post the content you submit on LEADERSHIPSTRENGTH.COM, MELENACONSULTING.COM, and/or SYLVIAMELENA.COM as Melena Consulting Group deems appropriate for the audience and topic;
B. Reuse and/or repurpose your submission in other publications, including but not limited to books, with a citation crediting your contribution through the Melena Consulting Group blog post/article and with a reference to your name and website as accepted with your submission; AND
C. Melena Consulting Group reserves the right to remove without notice any and all links and content that become obsolete, unnecessary, or are identified as harmful or infringing.
6. Warranty and Indemnification. You warrant that the content you submit does not infringe on another party’s intellectual property rights, harm others, or conflicts with your existing agreements and contracts. You also indemnify and hold harmless Melena Consulting Group and its officers, agents, and employees from any liability or loss resulting from judgments or claims against them arising out of your content submission.
7. Written Agreement. You agree to submit a signed written Agreement regarding the Criteria, Terms, and Conditions for Guest Articles as a condition of acceptance. If your submission meets the criteria, you will receive a copy of the Agreement for your review and signature.
Guest Article Submission Form
Please complete this form in its entirety and paste a copy of your completed Guest Article Submission Template in the space provided. Thank you!